Job offer Project Manager Business Development Meetings & Conventions (fulltime/37,50 hours)
Publicatiedatum: 19 september 2022
The Netherlands is an interesting business event destination, especially for the United Kingdom. From our office in London, you will play thé central role in finding and connecting with British business event planners and other high potentials, to interest them to choose the Netherlands as their corporate event destination. You will be part of the Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions (NBTC), whose activities are all about the development, branding and marketing of the Netherlands as a destination.
This is what you’ll be doing
As project manager business development, you will bring supply and demand together when it comes to multi-day business events and conventions. You proactively search for the most interesting propositions for your business event portfolio. These can be the most diverse things. Think, for example, of a high-end business event location, but also an anniversary of a professional association that provides an opportunity for them to host an international conference.
Your next step is to organise small events on site where you will invite British business event planners and introduce them to all the Netherlands has to offer. Examples are a visit to a local rowing contest, a workshop, or any other interesting meeting you can think of. Your goal is for them to choose the Netherlands as the destination for their event. In addition, another goal is that you will be recognised as thé expert to go to whenever a business meeting needs to be organised. You are aware of the latest trends and developments in business meetings, and you are of will to become a thought leader within the British outbound business events community.
Your key duties
- Plan and execute business development programs.
- Successfully build and manage a portfolio of (small) business development projects, including corresponding communication and marketing strategies.
- Manage the budgets for these projects.
- Proactively manage your relationships with clients/partners/prospects in close cooperation with Program Managers and the Director Meeting & Conventions.
- Support the Director Meeting & Conventions to recognize, seek and act on opportunities to develop new local initiatives.
- Remain in contact and work with your direct colleagues at our office in London: the Market & Insights manager and the PR manager.
You can count on
- A gross monthly salary between £ 2.813,- and £ 4.036,-.
- A 37,5 hour contract, initially for one year, but with the prospect of a permanent contract.
- An additional Christmas bonus payment of one month's base salary in your December salary.
- A monthly taxed travel allowance.
- A pension plan and a private healthcare package.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- Opportunity to work 50% at home.
- A personal training budget and unlimited access to GoodHabitz online learning platform.
- An office based in London.
This job fits you if you have:
- Higher vocational education study preferably in marketing / hotel management or business management.
- A minimum of three years of extensive successful experience in business development (sales) and/or marketing, and project management.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Budgeting skills.
- A natural drive to achieve the highest goal.
- Persistence and positive mindset, with an eye for new opportunities.
- A sense of humor.
- For this position it is important that you are in possession of a work permit for working in the United Kingdom or a British passport.
You will be great for the job if you are someone who flourishes in a position where you receive ample space to independently think of, organise and execute effective business development programs. At the same time, you will be demonstrating your communication skills by regularly reporting your findings and keeping your team members updated. It is of great value if you are someone who naturally sees opportunities and thinks outside the box.
International Meetings & Conventions Team
In this job, you will be part of NBTC’s International Meetings & Conventions team. Although you’ll have much space to do what you’re good at, you will not be alone. Two colleagues work together with you at our office in London. Also, you’ll regularly report to the Director Meetings & Conventions in the Netherlands, as well as have online meetings with the Dutch team. And off course, you will spend much time with your ever-growing cycle of British corporate event planners.
Did this job offer make you excited, or do you still have any questions? We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Eric Bakermans, Director Meetings & Conventions at +31 (0)70 370 57 05.We invite you to send your application and resume